An Algodones dental crown is long lasting, as long as you go to a quality dental clinic like Vivant Smile Design. In addition, the duration that these dental pieces can have will change depending, firstly, on the material you choose and, secondly, on the constant care you give them.
In this new blog entry, we will talk a little more about the duration that Algodones dental crowns have according to the material they are made of. Likewise, we will tell you what are the factors that may cause you to require a replacement before its useful life ends.
In case you have more questions about Algodones dental crowns, all you have to do is send us a message and we will answer all the questions you ask us about it. Also, we will tell you how you can schedule your appointment with our team of dentists to perform this or any other treatment you require.
Algodones Dental Crown made of the best materials
Dental crowns are a type of dental prosthesis that help protect a damaged tooth; a specialist shapes the tooth or tooth that is affected and adjusts the color to match the rest of your teeth. This is placed like a hat and helps restore the size and strength of the tooth naturally.
This type of dental treatment is necessary when you have a weak tooth or if it is necessary to restore it in case it is broken or too cracked. Algodones dental crowns are also used to cover a large filling, to support implants or dental bridges that have been treated with endodontics.
Now, regarding the materials used to make Algodones dental crowns, at Vivant Smile Design we can offer you some of them. When scheduling your appointment to receive this procedure, ask us about the different materials with which we can make your dental prosthesis or what is the best option for you.
The five types of materials that are most used to make Algodones dental crowns and the duration that they have are:
- Metal dental crown: These are the longest lasting and are commonly used to replace molars that are not visible to the naked eye. These can last up to 25 years with proper care; these can be made of gold, palladium, nickel or chrome. The price changes depending on which one you choose.
- Fused Dental Crown: These Algodones dental crowns are made from a combination of porcelain and metal. These have the natural color of the teeth and are highly resistant thanks to the metal part, which helps them last between 15 and 20 years. They are usually used for teeth in the upper area that are damaged.
- Pressed ceramic dental crown: The inner core of this Algodones dental crown is one of the hardest there is and can last up to 20 years. Remember that this will depend to a large extent on the dental care you have and that you constantly go to your dentist.
- Porcelain or ceramic dental crown: The most common Algodones dental crowns are these; The price is very affordable and they last very well. They are the most used to replace the front teeth due to how they adapt to the color and can last up to 15 years with constant care.
- Resin dental crown: If you can’t afford to spend a lot on Algodones dental crowns, this is an excellent option. They are the cheapest, but they have a shorter duration, which can be 5 years; although, with excellent care, they may last you up to 10 years.
What can damage your Dental Crowns?
To ensure that your Algodones dental crowns have a long life, it is important that you give them proper care. There is nothing special that you should do if you have one or more; It will be enough that you have a daily dental cleaning and that you go regularly to the dentist for a review.
There are several bad habits that many people have that can affect how long Algodones dental crowns last; Some of them are:
- Constantly grinding your teeth.
- Chew ice when drinking drinks.
- Nail biting.
- Use them to open packages.
In order for your Algodones dental crowns to last longer, we recommend three things , first: avoid these habits; second: give them proper care; and third: get them done at a recognized clinic like ours. From our website you can schedule your appointment with our team of dentists and you can plan your trip to the Dental Capital of the World.